As Key Account Manager you are responsible for managing off trade retailers, maintaining a long term relationship with these accounts and maximizing sales opportunities within them. You develop, negotiate and implement the yearly business plans with top off trade customers, in line with Alken Maes’ commercial channel strategy and customers insights. The Key Account Manager co-creates and implements the account strategy to deliver planned revenue and profitability growth. You report to the Group Account Manager.
- Managing and developing the relationships with Key Accounts to drive and grow beer & cider volumes and achieve agreed sales targets.
- Proactively identify customer needs and business opportunities.
- Manage & lead the yearly negotiations.
- Participating in and supporting category development initiatives.
- On a regular base reviewing and communicating Off Trade performance and initiating appropriate corrective action, where necessary.
- Close follow-up & drive of the objectives and KPI’s: Revenue/HL, Gross Profit, Value Market Share.
- Ensure the perfect execution of our brand in terms of availability, affordability, visibility, promotion & quality on the current assortment and on innovations.
- Managing the translation of agreed Off Trade objectives into long term Joint Business Plans, based upon a clear banner/channel strategy.
- Optimize the commercial trade terms & product mix in line with the revenue management guidelines.
- Develop a promotional planning and Tailor Made activations (traditional & e-commerce) per Customer in coordination with Trade and Category Management.
- Reviewing the brand performance with customers on a regular basis (trimester Business Reviews & Selling Stories).
- Implement and execute a clear customer contact strategy for all key accounts, and function as a central contact point for topics related to Logistics, Masterdata, Finance, Customer Service and S&OP.
- Avoid Out Of Stocks via a correct Forecasting (promo and neutral) and stock management.
- You have a Master degree or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 5 years previous FMCG sales experience including terms negotiation, channel marketing and delivery to plan.
- You are highly customer and consumer focused, motivated and results driven with a can do attitude
- You are a strong team player with excellent verbal reasoning.
- You have the ability to influence, make decisions and take responsibility for own actions.
- You build long term relationships (internal & external) based on trust & respect.
- You take ownership and are pro-active.
- You have strong analytical & organizational skills.
- You are a real problem solver
- You are trilingual (Dutch/English/French).
For this vacancy, we are working with an external party. Your application details will therefore be passed on and processed by this party.