At Alken-Maes, which is part of the global player Heineken, you are given all the room you need to develop an inspiring career. Our strong brands – such as Maes, Grimbergen, Cristal, Mort Subite, Affligem and Desperados – are all produced by people capable of working independently. They learn and grow as part of an international group with wonderful prospects.
Alken-Maes is launching a far-reaching, customised traineeship programme for sales graduates. Over the course of a busy 18 months, we prepare you for an exciting job in sales or channel marketing working as part of the ON TRADE (hospitality) or OFF TRADE (retail) team.During your traineeship you will be fully immersed in our sales channels and portfolio of brands. You will also work closely with the various support departments so that you come to know our business like the back of your hand. The traineeship programme is made up of 3 segments, each lasting 6 months, during which you will learn all about the ins and outs of the company’s different jobs, positions and departments. The programme itself looks like this:
- 6 months of commercial/sales experience in the On Trade (Hospitality) channel
You will be put to work actively in the hospitality channel, where you will help boost the sales volumes of Alken-Maes and expand the number of customers. In particular you will approach sales outlets on behalf of a number of specific brands as you make every effort to open the door to potential new customers
- 6 months of commercial/sales experience in the Off Trade (Retail) channel
You will make an active contribution to the presence and visibility of our products in the hypermarkets and supermarkets in a region assigned to you in order to achieve the sales targets set and to increase the market share of Alken-Maes.
- 6 months of Channel Marketing experience in the On Trade or Off Trade team
You will be given responsibility for developing the presence, visibility and growth of our brands in the hospitality or retail channel by coming up with and implementing channel plans. You will also manage projects designed to strengthen our brand values and ensure our future growth.
By the time you have completed the traineeship programme, you will have all the tools you need to work in one of these departments, whether you opt for a purely sales job or prefer a combination involving a more creative or analytical approach in one of the sub-departments.
You will be working in the dynamic environment of Fast Moving Consumer Goods, where you can really spread your wings as you are given the unique opportunity to place strong local brands on the Belgian market.
This far-reaching training programme is designed to give a boost to both your technical business and personal skills. Along the way, you will be given intensive guidance and and support by project coaches and our HR department.
- You will graduate in 2019 and will obtain a master’s degree in an economics/business-related subject.
- Preferably you will already have gained some work experience through a traineeship placement, relevant student job or foreign study experience.
- Your relevant training is supplemented by a no-nonsense and results-focused attitude to your work.
- You enjoy working analytically and are comfortable and precise with figures.
- You have plenty of energy to offer, as well as enthusiasm and good powers of persuasion.
- You have fluent and assertive communication skills.
- Your mother tongue is French and/or Dutch with good knowledge of the other national language. You also have good knowledge of English.
- You are prepared to work at our head office in Mechelen.