In the role of Marketing Manager Lager Brands, you are responsible for the commercial brands within the portfolio of Alken-Maes and will mostly focus on the brands Maes and Cristal. As the Marketing Manager Lager Brands, you aim for the profitable growth of these brands through a strong and positive brand equity via product, communication, packaging, innovation, pricing and sponsoring. This translates in the following responsibilities:
- Generating consumer insights that drive the category, portfolio and brand strategy to maintain or realize competitive advantage.
- Defining the long-term brand strategy by means of a clear and efficient planning (yearly brand plan & LT strategy) to guarantee the predetermined equity and ROI objectives.
- Developing an efficient communication strategy and through-the-line campaigns.
- Optimizing the brand profitability and activation in a sustainable manner.
- Identifying and launching strong innovations (product, design, packaging, line extensions, etc.) that ensure LT growth (volume, value and brand equity).
- Challenging the channel & client strategies to obtain complete support of brand & portfolio objectives.
- Supporting the Marketing Director in the development of a strong long-term profitable portfolio.
- Providing recommendations leading to the best possible Route-to-Market to make a success story of the lager brands’ strategy.
- Coaching your team of 2 brand managers
- You combine a Master diploma with at least 8 years of relevant professional experience, of which at least 5 years in brand management within the FMCG sector; experience with the on-trade channel is a plus;
- You are a creative entrepreneur with expertise in brand building & positioning as well as strategy development;
- You have experience with 360° marketing communication; social & digital media have no secrets to you;
- You know how to manage a business unit and all related duties (budget management, administration, etc.);
- You have experience in managing small teams and can demonstrate the necessary people & coaching skills;
- You have an excellent command of English, Dutch and French;
Profile & Proven Competencies;
- You are characterized by a strong drive, positive attitude and enthusiasm;
- You are a self-starter who likes to take initiative;
- You are a strategic thinker, but at the same capable of rolling up your sleeves to make things happen and pragmatically translate the strategic vision into operational execution together with your team;
- Thanks to your inspiring leadership skills, you get the best out of people;
- You are an innovative challenger who likes to continuously reinvent yourself and the market;
- You are collaborative and a real team player: you have proven to work efficiently and openly with the sales department and to interact professionally with other departments;
- You demonstrate a passion for the company’s core business.