The Scrum Master is a hands-on, driven professional who is part of a product team. He or she ensures the product team is fully functional, productive, continuously improving and focused on the sprint goals in terms of continuous improvement. The Scrum Master will support everyone involved with their individual skills to maximize the potential of the team. He or she supports the team with organisational knowledge and advocates a strong agile culture and mindset within our company.
A large part of the Scrum Master’s role is to help everyone on the team and clear obstacles along the journey: change management, direct communication loops,… Therefore, strong coaching skills are crucial. A good Scrum Master needs to know what to do, but also needs to explain the how and the why. In addition, he or she also encourages members to improve their skills and collaboration.
You will report to the Technology & Transformation Manager and are well connected with the Agile community within HEINEKEN.
- Facilitate Agile practices and ceremonies; daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning and other activities as needed;
- Promote and demonstrate core principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility (being an ambassador);
- Ensures a collaborative culture exists within our company, its (external) development partners and their product teams, promotes team building and ensures the entire team is engaged;
- Identify and support the team with removing any impediments/distractions that interfere with the team’s ability to deliver against their commitments;
- Coaches the team in creating the product backlog, sprint backlogs and writing user stories in the most pragmatic way;
- Support Product Team in tracking and communicating team progress and backlogs. Looks for opportunities to increase teams effectiveness (and therewith business value);
- Manages ‘Work In Progress Limits’, making sure the team is not working on too many stories/tasks at once, and helps them get into a flow of starting and completing work in a predictable manner. Protects the team from distractions;
- Identifies product team improvement opportunities and looks externally for best practices in order to increase team effectiveness and overall product quality;
- Encourages the team to look for opportunities to help each other out (e.g. by swarming higher priority user stories that team members are struggling with);
- Work with other Scrum Masters to increase effectiveness of agile ways of working in the organisation.
DO YOU HAVE THE AGILE MINDSET?
For us the agile mind-set is centred around four principles; focus on customer value, power to the teams, start quick and smart and learn relentlessly. As a Scrum Master it is important that you own these principles and integrate them in the daily life of the product team. Further, self-reflection, learning agility and resilience are important elements. Engaging with these elements and become more self-aware of personal strengths and weaknesses, makes majors strides in development of yourself and others.
ARE YOU A PERSON THAT HAS THE FOLLOWING PROFILE?
- Bachelor or Master’s degree;
- Is Scrum Master certified
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills;
- Flexible leadership style: able to push back, but also able to pull;
- Derives satisfaction and fulfilment from the role as enabler;
- Excellent team player and team builder;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing);
- Positive and problem solving skills;
- Lives and breathes scrum and is able to teach it; / Is an expert in industry agile best practices and methodologies;
- Is a coach, facilitator and leader aiming to increase team's performance, satisfaction and motivation;
- Understands how to challenge the battle between the longer term vision and short term goals;
- Uses self-reflection to help people grow and develop by looking inward instead of outward;
- Is resilient and uses it to approach challenges, problems and setbacks.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, meet deadlines and perform at high standards;
- Experience with change management, leadership, coaching, solution oriented and continuous improvement;